- Going to the hardware store for drywall mud and another paint roller
- Mudding nail holes and painting my bedroom
- Mopping my kitchen floor
- Cleaning all three bathrooms from top to bottom (though I did hit two toilets and the tub and shower in my bathroom last night)
- Getting the spot out of the white living room carpet where one of the cats yakked up a hairball
- Organizing our school space in the basement and getting it set up so we can start school on Monday
- Cleaning all of the miscellaneous crap that we don’t know what to do with since we moved off of the pool table
- Cleaning up my kitchen desk area
- Grocery shopping
- Laundry — I need my “La Push Cliff Diving Team” t-shirt to be clean for book club tonight
What I am doing:
- Avoidance blogging
To be fair, I did wake up with a bit of a headache this morning (am I the only person in the world who wakes up with a cookie hangover?), so I’m having to kind of ease into the day.
But anyway . . . here is what I really want to say: Thank you!
I know I’ve said it before, but I probably don’t say it enough: you bloggy folks rock! Thank you!
Your comments on my dog post were so sweet and unexpected. I don’t know why they were unexpected. I should, of course, know better by now.
And there was Ren’s comment! My word, she is over in Vietnam without her husband, caring for their brand new son, facing some unique challenges, and she took the time to give me free, unsolicited professional advice! By all rights she should just be in a puddle of goo on the floor, and she is instead helping me with my dog problems.
See? You guys rock. Really
This whole blogging thing . . . what can I say? Not only have you all helped me through the stresses of an adoption and parenting and a million other little things along the way, you have helped me move. Did you know that? You helped me handled this move much better than I would have otherwise, because you all are a portable community. I had to leave my real life community behind, but you all “came with”.
Now, hopefully sometime this week I will have the time to tell you properly about the scary critter in the middle of the night. Quality control has been on strike or something for a long time around here. I owe you a good story.
And George, if you’re out there, Tewt the Newt says hello.