Things I was supposed to be doing:
- Going to the hardware store for drywall mud and another paint roller
Check! And the best part about going to the hardware store is that I can leave some kids at home and just take a princess walkie talkie to communicate with them, should the need arise, while I am gone. Ahhh, small town life. Funny thing is, at least one of my neighbors said she loves living out here in the country and would never want to live back in town again. Town, would be the neighborhood right around the hardware store. I can communicate from the hardware store back to my house with princess walkie talkies. Think about it.
- Mudding nail holes and painting my bedroom
Check! I got some kind of lightweight spackle I’ve never used before. On the container there is a warning that the product shouldn’t be inhaled. I thought, “Wha?????” Then I opened it and, OH MY WORD! It looks like whipped cream frosting! I DID want to inhale it!
- Mopping my kitchen floor
Not So Much. Doesn’t it make more sense to do this right before the step-father shows up tomorrow anyway? Otherwise I’d just have to do it twice. It’s not like anyone is eating off the floor anyway. Seriously, today. I’ll do it today.
- Cleaning all three bathrooms from top to bottom (though I did hit two toilets and the tub and shower in my bathroom last night)
Not So Much. It’s on the agenda for today
- Getting the spot out of the white living room carpet where one of the cats yakked up a hairball
Oh Frap! We rarely go in the living room, and I forgot all about this! Frap, frap, frap! Must go find chemicals NOW!
- Organizing our school space in the basement and getting it set up so we can start school on Monday
Yeah Right. My nerdy oldest daughter is down there doing school right now just because she wants to. Obviously it’s organized enough to start, just not enough for me to be comfortable spending the better part of the next nine months down there. I’ll put the minions to work on it after A~ finishes some history.
- Cleaning all of the miscellaneous crap that we don’t know what to do with since we moved off of the pool table
What? This is actually part of organizing the school space, since the pool table is in the rec room with the school stuff. Don’t know why I made these two separate items. Drama much?
- Cleaning up my kitchen desk area
Umm . . .
- Grocery shopping
Check! I now have enough meat to feed about 150-200 people and get the Peta folks throwing fake blood on my house. So, no more worries about how many people to plan for. I mean, I still have no idea how many people are coming, but I think I’m covered, so bring it on! I’ll get the buns on Saturday.
- Laundry — I need my “La Push Cliff Diving Team” t-shirt to be clean for book club tonight
Check! For that load, anyway. I mean, can you really ever check off laundry? Is it ever really done? I. think. not.
And George, if you’re out there, Tewt the Newt is grabbing the mop.